Welcome to the Provident Blog! Feel free to get involved in our community and add to the discussions. Remember though, by adding comments you’re agreeing to our house rules, listed below.
- Be Respectful – of other people and their views
- Be On Topic – only post things relevant to the blog post
- Adhere To UK Law- comments must all adhere to UK law
Why Moderate Comments?
We really want you to get involved in the blog, and share your thoughts and opinions. We want our blog to be a place where people can express their views in a safe and enjoyable environment. We don’t want comments to cause offence to other people using the blog, so we read every comment before it’s posted live. As the host we also have a legal responsibility to ensure the blog complies with the UK law regarding telecommunications.
How To Add A Comment
To write a comment on our blog, just add your name and email address into the right fields. Your email address will be kept confidential, and not be published once the comments have been approved. The ‘website’ field is optional.
Please remember that all comments are checked before being posted live, so it may take a while before your comment appears. If it doesn’t appear, it will have been found to be in breach of our house rules or company policies and will have been deleted. We regret that we cannot provide individual feedback on why comments were deleted.
Comments will be edited if:
- The commenter’s name contains websites or email addresses
- The comment contains contact information such as email addresses and phone numbers
Comments will be removed if they:
- Contain swear words, will cause offence or are of an abusive nature
- Include abusive content about a person or organisation
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Break the law (including copyright infringements) or encourage unlawful actions
- Encourage activities which will endanger the safety or well being of others
- Are used as adverts for other organisations (including questionnaires and surveys)
- Impersonate someone else
- Are not written in English
- Are off topic
- Are Spam
If you have copied a section of another comment into your comment, and the original comment is deemed as unacceptable, both comments will be rejected from the site.
Reporting Offensive Comments
If you would like to report offensive comments, email email@example.com
Other Actions By Provident Moderators
Blog comments automatically close after 30 days. However, we may close blog comments on articles which are receiving a lot of comments. This is so the comments may be monitored and managed more effectively, or to ensure comments stay on topic.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org