What documentation is needed for an Agent visit?

If you are accepted in principle, an Agent will visit your home to discuss and arrange your loan option. In order to be continue with your application you will be required to produce adequate proof of ID and income.

There are several types of ID that are accepted; you are required to provide one form of ID from EITHER A or B.


You are required to provide your Agent with evidence of at least 1 approved original document which confirms your FULL NAME AND CURRENT ADDRESS or FULL NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH.



A. Photographic ID

  • Passport (unexpired)
  • Photocard Driving Licence; Full or Provisional (unexpired)
  • EU Members State Identity Card (Valid/Current)
  • Northern Ireland Electoral ID card (Valid/Current)
  • UK ID Card for foreign nationals (Valid/Current)


B. Government Issued documents that are acceptable

Please note the following documents must have your full name on and either your current full address or date of birth.

  • Council Tax Communication - Benefit Letter (within last 12 months)
  • Proof of Residency - Rent Book, Statement / Tenancy Agreement (within last 12 months)
  • Taxi Driver Badge / Licence (Valid/Current)
  • Blue Disabled Drivers Pass / Badge (Valid/Current)
  • National Entitlement Card (Scotland Only) (Valid/Current)
  • Old Style (paper) UK Driving Licence issued by DVLA (Unexpired)
  • Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit Documentation – Benefit Letter / Statement (issued within last 12 months)
  • Income Tax Documentation – PAYE Coding Notice / Tax Notification Letter / Assessment Letter / Statement of Account (issued within last 12 months) Note: P45 / P60 are NOT accepted
  • National Insurance Documentation – NI Credits Letter, Assessment Letter / Statement of Account / Bill (issued within last 12 months)
  • Vehicle Registration Document / DVLA Letter, Vehicle Tax renewal document issued by DVLA (within last 12 months
  • Universal Credit, Attendance Allowance, Job Seekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Income Support Documentation, Pensions Credit Documentation, Personal Independence Payment Documentation, Government / State Pension, Employment Support Allowance , Housing Benefit Documentation, Maternity Allowance Documentation, Educational Financing / Grants Documentation, Carers Allowance Documentation, Cold Weather Payments Documentation (within last 12 months)
  • HM Forces / Police Warrant Card (Valid/Current) (Issued by Police Force)
  • National Entitlement Card (Scotland Only) (Valid/Current)
  • Residency Permit issued by Home Office (Valid/Current)

Please Note:


* If a document does not have a Reference Number it is NOT acceptable.


* If a document does not contain either an Issue Date or Expiry Date it is NOT acceptable.


* Original documents MUST be seen by the Agent: photocopies and internet sourced documentation are NOT acceptable.

Proof of income

In order to complete the Affordability Assessment, your Agent will ask to see one or more of the following:

  • The latest payslip(s) from your employer;
  • Letters/statements from the DWP or HMRC showing Benefits amounts;
  • Letters/statements showing your Pension income;
  • Any documentation you may have which shows your self-employed income;
  • A court order or CSA letter showing maintenance payments you receive from an ex-partner.